We Have Exciting News!
We can now offer in-person treatments in our clinic in Sexsmith!
We want to thank all of you for your understanding and the sacrifices that we have all made to protect our community from the rapid spread of COVID-19.
We have received guidance and direction from the Province of Alberta and from Physiotherapy Alberta. We want to make sure that as we begin to offer more in-person treatments that we do it safely.
This is not a return to business as usual and so we want to ask again for your patience as we implement policies and procedures to keep our wonderful staff, our incredible clients and the entire community safe.
Should I continue to stay home?
Albertans are notorious for their hard work ethic and making sure the job gets done at all costs, especially here in “Oil Country” (go Oilers!). However, this can be problematic because we tend to come to work and go to appointments when we are sick. We ask that you do not attend the clinic if the following applies to you:
- You have been or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- You have returned from travel outside of Canada in the previous two weeks.
- You have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- You are immuno-suppressed.
- You are a resident of a nursing home or seniors lodge.
We would like to be clear. We will have no penalties for cancelled appointments due to sickness during this time. We will reschedule at an appropriate time if you need to cancel. Also, there may be times where staff are unable to come to the clinic because they may be sick – so again we ask for your understanding and patience.
Is it safe to attend? Will my experience be different?
Our goal is has not changed. We want to provide excellent care in a safe manner. And yes, it will look different. Here are some of the measures that we are taking to protect you and your families, as well as our staff and the community:
- We have increased our standard for cleaning and sanitizing the clinic. We use medical grade and approved sanitizer for all our surfaces. We have identified certain areas that will be disinfected more frequently throughout the day.
- Each treatment bed is cleaned and disinfected after each patient (as always).
- We ask that you use the washroom prior to your arrival
- You will be asked to sign in at each treatment session – this will include a checklist that helps us to know that you are safe to be treated.
- We encourage you not to bring companions or children, but we recognize that this may be unavoidable.
- You must sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the clinic. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Clinic staff are required to wear medical grade masks. We ask that you also wear a facemask.
- Apart from your treating therapist, staff and patients are required to maintain physical distancing.
- Payment options include debit/credit or e-transfer. We ask that you not pay with cash or cheque.
- Receipts will be issued electronically.
Some of you have taken advantage of the offer to have video treatment sessions. We want to continue to offer this valuable service.
However, if you wish to see us in person:
- Please call the clinic at 780-568-2032. Please, leave a message. If the phone isn’t answered we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or send an email to email@example.com
- If you are a current patient and you were required to put your rehabilitation on hold:
- We will be trying to reach out to each of you – but feel free to contact us to get your treatments started again.
- We still need to prioritize clients depending on the urgency of their problem. Unfortunately, you may still be required to wait – please know that we are sorry.
- We want to be able to treat everyone but the safety measures in place will make it tougher to see everyone again right away.
- We may not have availability for the same time that was available previously.
We are so thankful to live and work in a community that has been so caring and understanding of each other during this difficult time. While you may consider some of these measures to be unnecessary, we want to respect that our authorities are giving us the best direction that they have with the current information. Please understand that many of these policies may change as we step forward and we ask for your patience.
We are so excited to get back to doing what we love doing – getting you back moving again! Because You Were Made to Move!
Sincerely, Arlen Brown, Sexsmith Physiotherapy. (written on May 14, 2020)