We are following direction from the Province of Alberta and from Physiotherapy Alberta. We want to make sure that as we be offer in-person treatments safely.
When should I continue to stay home?
Albertans are notorious for their hard work ethic and making sure the job gets done at all costs, especially here in “Oil Country” (go Oilers!). However, this can be problematic because we tend to come to work and go to appointments when we are sick. We ask that you do not attend the clinic if the following applies to you:
- You have been or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- You have returned from travel outside of Canada in the previous two weeks.
- You have any symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- You are immuno-suppressed.
- You are a resident of a nursing home or seniors lodge.
We would like to be clear. We will have no penalties for cancelled appointments due to sickness during this time. We will reschedule at an appropriate time if you need to cancel. Also, there may be times where staff are unable to come to the clinic because they may be sick – so again we ask for your understanding and patience.
Is it safe to attend? Will my experience be different?
Our goal is has not changed. We want to provide excellent care in a safe manner. And yes, it will look different. Here are some of the measures that we are taking to protect you and your families, as well as our staff and the community:
- We have increased our standard for cleaning and sanitizing the clinic. We use medical grade and approved sanitizer for all our surfaces. We have identified certain areas that will be disinfected more frequently throughout the day.
- Each treatment bed is cleaned and disinfected after each patient (as always).
- We ask that you use the washroom prior to your arrival
- We encourage you not to bring companions or children, but we recognize that this may be unavoidable.
- Clinic staff are required to wear medical grade masks.
- Apart from your treating therapist, staff and patients are required to maintain physical distancing.
Some of you have taken advantage of the offer to have video treatment sessions. We want to continue to offer this valuable service.
However, if you wish to see us in person:
- Please call the clinic at 780-568-2032. Please, leave a message. If the phone isn’t answered we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or send an email to email@example.com
- If you are a current patient and you were required to put your rehabilitation on hold:
- We will be trying to reach out to each of you – but feel free to contact us to get your treatments started again.
- We still need to prioritize clients depending on the urgency of their problem. Unfortunately, you may still be required to wait – please know that we are sorry.
- We want to be able to treat everyone but the safety measures in place will make it tougher to see everyone again right away.
- We may not have availability for the same time that was available previously.
We are so thankful to live and work in a community that has been so caring and understanding of each other during this difficult time. While you may consider some of these measures to be unnecessary, we want to respect that our authorities are giving us the best direction that they have with the current information. Please understand that many of these policies may change as we step forward and we ask for your patience.
We are so excited to be back to doing what we love doing – getting you back moving again!
Because You Were Made to Move!
Sincerely, Arlen Brown, Sexsmith Physiotherapy.