Want Some Help?
Do I need a doctor's note to see a physiotherapist?
- No doctor's note is required. However, some extended benefit plans request one in order to be reimbursed. Check with your extended benefit plan to confirm.
Is physiotherapy covered by Alberta Health Services (Alberta health care)?
- Sexsmith Physiotherapy has a contract with Alberta Health Services. If your treatment is required due to a surgery or fracture within the last 12 weeks, Alberta Health will likely fund several treatments. If your condition is due to anything else, please call the AHS Rehab Advice Line at 1-833-379-0563. They will help you determine whether or not you qualify for funded visits.
- Injuries sustained in motor vehicle collisions may be covered by your vehicle insurance.
- Work related injuries must be submitted through the Worker's Compensation Board. We do have a contract with WCB.
- Many employers provide their employees with extended health benefits. Each employee benefit plan is different, check with your insurer to determine what coverage is available to you. We are able to directly bill a number of insurance companies.
What do I need to know before coming to my first assessment?
- The initial assessment is typically longer than a regular treatment session - usually about 40 minutes.
- There is a registration and consent form to be filled out prior to the assessment - please arrive 15 minutes prior to your assessment time.
- The physiotherapist may require you to remove articles of clothing in order to properly assess. Please bring shorts and a tank top or clothing will be provided.
Want Some Help?